Sara Lee Chocolate Bavarian, thawed
• 300ml thickened cream
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 200g strawberries, thickly sliced
• 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
• 1 tbs brown sugar
• 60g white chocolate melts
• Edible gold leaf, to decorate
1. Use an electric mixer, whisk cream and vanilla in a medium bowl until firm peaks form. Place the Bavarian on a serving plate. Top with the cream mixture and strawberry. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to thaw.
2. Meanwhile, combine the vinegar, sugar and ¼ cup (60ml) water in a small saucepan. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 mins or until syrup thickens slightly. Transfer to a small heatproof bowl and place in the fridge to chill.
3. While the syrup is chilling, place a 20cm x 30cm piece of baking paper on a clean work surface. Melt the chocolate melts following packet directions. Pour the melted chocolate onto the middle of the baking paper and spread into a 15cm x 20cm rectangle. Starting from 1 short end, roll up the baking paper and place on a plate. Place in the fridge for 20 mins to set.
4. Carefully unroll baking paper over the plate to catch the chocolate pieces. Decorate the chocolate with gold leaf. Drizzle the cake with syrup and top with chocolate pieces. Serve immediately.