Sara Lee Sticky Date Pudding, prepared as per pack instructions
Sara Lee French Vanilla Ice Cream
• 500mL water
• 250mL pear or apple juice
• 1/2 cup caster sugar
• 1 vanilla bean
• 5 medium pears
1. Preheat oven to 120°C.
2. Combine the water, juice, sugar and vanilla bean in a pot.
3. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes, then pour into a large baking dish.
4. Peel the pears and either cut them in half or leave them whole.
5. Add them to the baking dish, submerging them in the poaching syrup.
6. Place in the preheated oven until soft when pierced with a knife (about 20 minutes).
Top the Sara Lee Sticky Date Pudding with Poached Pears while warm.
Serve with Sara Lee French Vanilla Ice Cream.